Sunday 19 April 2009

18/4 Good Day

Yesterday was a Good Day, where I managed to stay asleep for more than 6 hours, spent 3 hours at the gym, and went clubbing on Canal Street (more on this later).

And for the gym, I decided to try out something which I had never dared wear: a vest. Only fit people wear vests at gyms, and as I was previously a fat kid, I had never adjusted to the fact that I am no longer fat, and showing off some hard muscles might be an acceptable thing for me to do.

And with this vest I wore: a navy blue nike shorts, white socks, and a pair of Fred Perry trainers. I looked frickin ace and decided to do my shoulders, triceps, and abs.

There was this guy there who, for the lack of a proper term, shall be described as a Greek god. He is so well-proportioned, short blond hair, and amazingly well-muscled body. He plays rugby too. He is, however, not Greek but Irish, but I love his accent anyway. I thought I would just like to mention him because it’s likely that he will get mentioned again as I am obsessed with him.

And in the evening, I went over to Piccadilly Gardens to meet a friend which I’ve not seen in over a year. He wanted to see me to talk things over—he’s both a pharmacist and has experienced depression in the past—and thought I could do with conversation. But because Cipralex is so effective, I was feeling jovial and care-free and decided we should go for drinks of the alcoholic variety, and he got his boyfriend to come along. Obviously we went over to Canal Street (the gay epicentre of Manchester) and ended up in a bar called Company where it is mainly populated by fat older men (called bears, apparently) and there was a sign which I liked very much. And this sign said: Do not feed the bears.

For once I enjoyed being the hottest guy in the room, and it’s not often that I get to feel that. They played really good music and I danced and danced without a care in the world, whilst being mentally undressed by the unyielding stares of those bears around me.

Later we moved on to a few different clubs, but nothing special happened, except that I saw a fit muscular guy, but I did not make a move because I'm shy like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment