Wednesday 22 April 2009

Wednesday 22/04

I had my second doctor's appointment today at 1050, so I thought I would try and be good and get some gym time done before that. I had a sleepless night, but nonetheless had to wake up at 0600 because of Stupid Flatmate again. I ended up in the gym at 0900.

And at the gym I did just biceps because I like to work my muscles till they are sore. This routine involved:
  • Preacher curls (15kg each)
  • Dumbbell curls (16kg each)
  • Cable curls (40kg)
  • Reverse cable curls (35kg)
  • 21s (20kg)
Fearing I'd be late I left the gym at 1020 and made it in time for the doctors.

At the doctors, I saw this cute guy, but obviously so troubled because he looked worried. Perhaps he caught an STD whilst shagging this chick the night before. But I'd still do him, he was fit.

Anyway the doctor was quite chirpy and—this is controversial—slightly patronising. “How are we doing today?”, she chirped. “Not so well”, I replied.

That's true, I'm not feeling that upbeat. It's my birthday tomorrow, and I'm getting depressed that I've still not got a job. I've just spotted someone wearing a suit as I'm typing this, and we all know how that makes me feel. I want to wear a suit. I want to be in a job where you'd have to wear suits. I want to earn some money whilst wearing a suit. Perhaps a suit, to me, is like a shell, a shell of respectability and I want to command that respect. But at the moment I am nothing.

As a result of that visit I am now taking 5mg Cipralex [escitalopram] (instead of 10mg previously because of side-effects), 20mg omeprazole (for the side-effects), and Phenergan [promethazine] 20mg (for my insomnia).

When I got home from the day's adventures which consisted of the usual gym and the doctor's appointment and also viewing some flats and seeing an old mate for some volunteer work, I found a birthday card from Sam's parents, Sam's present (2 tickets to see the Hallé), and a note from the concierge saying that there's a package waiting for me. Curious, I went and got it and opened it and to my utter amazement, it was from @tappmeister, a friend from Twitter (if you're reading this, many thanks! You made my little heart happy there).

Then I start to prepare dinner, but my flatmate comes back and I lose my appetite and leave the chicken sitting on the kitchen top. Is it happy there? Who the fuck knows.

Hopefully I can sleep tonight.

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday mate! I broke your not celebrating it rulw! :) if I was in manc I would buy you a drink with umbrellas and coloured layers :)

    so glad you are feeling a bit better! I hope the new flat goes well and your horrid old flat mate is never in your life again! and you get a fabulous job where you get to look crisp and smart everyday!

    anyway you are a handsome, intelligent, lovely guy. I hope things get better for you and you can talk to me anytime!

    hope you have a great birthday even though you are trying to avoid it! I am 30 in 2 weeks how the hell do you deal with that! argh!!!!!

    *birthday hugs and kisses*
    Daniel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daniel!

    I don't know about handsome, intelligent, and lovely, but I hope what you say is true! x

    ReplyDelete